"A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of (her)his life in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of beautiful God has implanted in the human soul."- Goethe















Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Snow is the Best!

Other than having to drive extra warily, I love cold weather and would be completely satisfied watching snow fall for hours. Of course I'd need some warm socks and a cup of something hot and delicious, but there is just something about snowflakes that take my breath away.





I was absolutely giddy to be able to share my love with the little munchkin after the first real snowfall of the season. Although she enjoyed her first snow last year, I doubt she'll remember...I imagine the same will go for next year, too. It will be a completely new discovery again!

She approached the ridiculously poofy snowsuit with understandable trepidation. I mean, can you blame the poor kid? She can't even put her arms down by her sides. So, we sang songs about snowmen and snowflakes, talked about how cold it was, went for a walk to Grandma's house to tell her we learned how to say 'snow' and to show her what a neat discovery it was.

It snowed again during the night, so we woke up ready to really play! Kirk built a huge snowman because he has quite a knack for that, and I made sure it was a grumpy old man. Pepper helped and was yelling 'snow!' in her squeaky little voice then had a meltdown when she face-planted it in a drift and couldn't move because her suit was too fat. Well, at least the next few times were better experiences for her. We have been sledding a few times and now she knows what fun is in store each time we break out the snow suits.

No comments:

Post a Comment