"A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of (her)his life in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of beautiful God has implanted in the human soul."- Goethe















Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Festival of Trees

I love me some sister and mom time. Last minute, (according to strict adherence of the Nielson family planning time code) we took a trip to see the Festival of Trees. I am always inspired (and quite frankly, uninspired) by many of the entries. Plus, the cause is good. My sister's friend joined in and she was a lot of fun to be around.

We took our time moseying around, soaking in all the inspiration we could, and taking rests when our brains were too full to process any more. My favorite was the wreath section, probably because the crowds were much smaller. It turns out that deep down in my soul I hate people. Not one-on-one or in small groups, mind you, because I'm really good at that. Uncontrollable hoards is what I'm talking about here, and not a lick of friendly Christmas Spirit to be found among the gauntlet of elbows.

That said, feast your eyes on some of the holiday tidbits (Anna, the rainbow tree reminded us of you!), photos courtesy of my sister:









What a lovely splash of holiday color for the middle of this dreary winter season, don't you think? My favorite Christmas color combo is usually a rich ruby red with gold and browns, but this year, I fell in love with the teal version (like the first photo). What color combos did you appreciate most last year?

1 comment:

  1. I do love the rainbow tree! That's so awesome! I wish I could've been there, I love the festival of trees.

    ReplyDelete