The highlight of our hike was getting sworn in as junior rangers at the end of the tour. We even got stickers to prove it. You, too, can help save the caves.
Things to know about this hike:
- You have to pay to get into the canyon initially, and you have to pay separately for cave tour tickets
- Time: 45 minutes up, 30 minutes down, but the rangers give you an hour and half to climb up
- Location: American Fork Canyon
- Difficulty: Intermediate, although the path is paved
- Hazards: rock slides, R.O.U.S., and too many rules because it's in a National Forest