"A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of (her)his life in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of beautiful God has implanted in the human soul."- Goethe















Friday, December 4, 2015

All Over the Place

This is a super fun space I use to share the goings-on and general hubbub of the Baxter clan, but I have a professional side, too, with my art business. If you like some of the content on this blog, then you might want to check me out elsewhere too. I'm all over the place, guys!

If you enjoy reading some of the deeper or introspective things, the Feather and Fir blog might be a good fit. It's not as irreverent or goofy as it is here, but it's still me! It's a place where I share my weekly thoughts on nature, explanations of my nature-inspired art, art how-tos, and art case studies. And, if you ever want to geek out together about nature, or if you have questions about my art or processes, you can always send me a line. I'd love it if you joined me as we explore and discover new moments of wonder together.

I'm also on Instagram. I share daily posts about nature experiences I've had, as well as the current fine art projects I'm working on. I've done a couple of monthly art series lately that have been super enjoyable. I'm a busy little bee over there. If you are interested in getting posts in your feed on the daily with nature art, behind-the-scenes and in-progress shots, nature facts and ponderings, as well as some of my adventures in the wild, then I'd love it if you joined! I get giddy seeing the comments and discussions on that platform! The nicest people ever hang out there. For reals.

And, if you like to see and save visual inspiration, you can find me on Pinterest too. It's an awesome spot to see some of my favorite nature photos and my artwork all in one spot. Gotta love the giant bowl of digital eye-candy. Pinterest is always a go-to for me when I'm looking for visual inspiration or building a moodboard. Is it for you too?

And then finally, there is the Feather & Fir shop. Did you know I have a shop? I totally do! It's only been running for a few months but I'm super proud and crazy about it! It's been a lot of work to put all of it together, but I hope that it shows the stories behind the artwork and encourages people to pause and really take in those amazing moments that nature is waiting to teach us. All of the artworks in my shop are originals. There aren't any prints or copies. Say what? Yep, it's true! Like I said, it's been so much work. I have personally created and crafted each piece with love and care. I'm continually putting new things up in the shop, and prices start at $6, which is a pretty great starting point for original art. I like to keep a variety of prices and items in there, from small happy reminders to bigger conversational pieces, for a variety of budgets and tastes.

Right now, my watercolor leaf series are at a great price for only $75 for a set of 6 original paintings. That's a sweet deal! I don't ever discount my art, but I do like to reward the loyal people who act fast. Tomorrow, the prices on these newest sets will go up to the full value of $90, so check them out while they are still around at the introductory price.



So yeah, I'm a regular on those other platforms, as well as twice-a-week posts on this ole' blog. Each platform has its pros and cons, you know? I thought I'd let you know, just in case you weren't already aware. Mostly, though, I appreciate all the kind words and support from you. Thanks for sharing some of your precious time here, with me. I really do appreciate it, it's so encouraging.

P.S. I've been thinking about joining Periscope soon. Have you tried it? What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment