"A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of (her)his life in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of beautiful God has implanted in the human soul."- Goethe















Tuesday, May 7, 2013

The Rent Collector


I recently read The Rent Collector, by Camron Wright. While it is interesting and a feel-good story about walking in someone's shoes, I felt like the points and themes were forced. It is a discourse on literature in the guise of a story. However, I feel the following points of discussion are still worth addressing:
  • eastern vs. western perspective
  • kindness, mercy, empathy and success as a consequence of education
  • getting to know someone before judging
Have you read this book before? If so, what are your thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. I have not read it. However, I do know how popular it is since I had it reserved at the library for three months before I was able to get a copy to read.

    ReplyDelete