"A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of (her)his life in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of beautiful God has implanted in the human soul."- Goethe















Sunday, May 19, 2013

The Mormon Tabernacle Inquirer

So, my dear friend and reading buddy handed me this book, and with a wry look on her face told me to enjoy:


It turns out that this tongue-in-cheek nonsense was just what I needed to lighten up a little bit! I even took this book to work to read on my breaks and had a difficult time explaining myself when people asked why I was laughing so loudly.

Seriously. I laughed huge belly laughs out loud every time I opened this book. If you share in the joy and sometimes ridiculousness that is the Latter-Day Saint faith, I highly recommend this, but only if you can step back and giggle at yourself for a second.

Has anyone else read this tabloid-style novel yet? If so, what did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment