"A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of (her)his life in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of beautiful God has implanted in the human soul."- Goethe















Thursday, October 10, 2013

Rain in the Desert

If there's one thing that's as spectacular as rain in the mountains is rain in the desert:










 Life in the desert is fascinating. People don't realize how much life there is in such an environment...it may be swarthy and tough-as-nails life, but it's incredible nonetheless. There's nothing quite like the rainy season to bring out the best the desert has to offer.

I think the older I get the more the desert calls me. I might be part desert nomad, I feel so at home in the sandstone and hot air. I can manage a lot of different terrains and climates, but I feel most at home in snowy pine forests or scorching sandstone (funny, how different they are). 

What terrain do you feel most comfortable in?

2 comments: