"A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of (her)his life in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of beautiful God has implanted in the human soul."- Goethe















Thursday, June 21, 2012

Strutting to the Symphony

Kirk and I got our fancy on to go to the symphony a while ago. I was mostly looking for an excuse to wear my long black gloves in public, but then I chickened out and just carried them around instead of wearing them. It seemed more aristocratic to me.



The baby didn't attend with us, fret not. You just can't see my awesome gloves in the first picture.


Kirk and I loved the music that was playing: Mozart's last requiem that includes "Lacrimosa." Mmm! I could just swim in that melody for a whole week and never tire of it. We got to enjoy some beautiful singers too, but they're the kind you can enjoy better with your eyes closed, if you know what I mean.

Something that made us feel even fancier that night was going out to eat at Carrabba's, which is our favorite restaurant. We can't go there very often due to budgetary reasons, but it makes the times we do go that much more enjoyable. Well, we showed up to the restaurant with plenty of time to eat and hit the road to make it to the symphony on time (no late-comers allowed!), or so we thought...until it dawned on us that it was a prom night. Dang those kids! We ended up having to get our main courses to go and the restaurant manager gave us free dessert because I think he felt bad. Either that, or he was scared we wouldn't give our waiter a tip. We didn't even make a stink about things, so that was a score for politeness! Kirk and I have debated since then about intentionally making a stink about things if it means getting free dessert.

The good news is that we made it to the performance on time, albeit barely, and the food was scrumptious and the music divine. It's something fun to do at least once, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment