"A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of (her)his life in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of beautiful God has implanted in the human soul."- Goethe















Saturday, June 9, 2012

Fire in the Pasture

I just finished re-reading the award-winning Fire in the Pasture, compiled by the incredibly ambitious Tyler Chadwick.



This is a fantastic poetry anthology, filled with the work of current Mormon poets. I happen to have a few poems in the book too, which is an honor, seeing some of the other authors who participated. I've also been lucky enough to participate in a couple of poetry readings centered around this publication. I know...pinch me!

Fire in the Pasture has been a huge undertaking for many people, and it was well worth it. I love the scope of small artistic moments and huge universal happenings. If you want to check out past blogs about the anthology, go here. Have you read a good poem lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment