"A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of (her)his life in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of beautiful God has implanted in the human soul."- Goethe















Monday, June 25, 2012

Nueva York: Essential Sights

Wherever we travel, Kirk and I compile a list of must-see places. Usually these consist of national monuments and tourist traps because how could we make it so far only to be prideful about our traveling habits? Being smug is no reason to not experience something, I believe. While we are super good at adapting to new places (we gave accurate directions on four different occasions on our short trip!) we also like to be a little silly and embrace our inner tourists. So, in New York, we went all over the place and saw lots of awesome things and even took a bus tour (which made me feel super dorky, but I powered through my pride):

Freedom Tower under construction

World Trade Center Memorial

Survivor Tree

Metropolitan Museum of Art

Hellenistic Gallery at the Met

Top of the Rock Observation Deck

Top of the Top of the Rock

Brooklyn Bridge

Manhattan


Lady Liberty

Hudson River

Ellis Island

Central Park

Central Park


What about you? Do you swallow your pride and embrace being a tourist or do you try and blend into your surroundings?

1 comment:

  1. Your trip looks amazing! These things are absolutely incredible.

    Please... blending in, from the woman with a pixie cut whos 18 month old daughter dresses as a super hero. Hm!

    And I'm a tall, lanky red-head. I have a hard time fitting in anywhere, so I figure I might as well embrace standing out like a sore thumb, yes?

    ReplyDelete