"A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of (her)his life in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of beautiful God has implanted in the human soul."- Goethe















Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Paper Yo-yos and Secret Funny Words

How many 12" x 12" sheets of cardstock does it take to make a paper yo-yo with a 2-foot diameter? It turns out that it takes about 7, just in case you were wondering:




Paper yo-yos are a great way to spice up a party and are a simple and inexpensive decoration. We made a bunch of the world's largest rainbow-colored yo-yos for Peppity-Pepster's birthday party. I don't mind putting in the labor if it means saving some change, and lucky for me, I had a willing entourage that helped make these in only a couple of hours. (Thanks guys!)

I must admit that I tend to get a bit giggly when I'm too tired, and there is a certain word that always gets me going, especially in the wee hours of the morning. I lost count at how many times that word popped out while we were making these too-huge yo-yos! I was a crying-because-I'm-laughing-too-hard mess by the time we wrapped up for the night! I can't tell you what the word is, though, because it's a secret.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who has a secret funny word: do you have a certain word that is guaranteed to make you laugh?

No comments:

Post a Comment