"A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of (her)his life in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of beautiful God has implanted in the human soul."- Goethe















Saturday, October 29, 2011

Scared to Death

Last year, we got this awesome resin angel on discount because it had a chipped piece, but that only adds to the character when converting such a lovely lawn ornament into a creepy headstone. It has been an excellent member of our cemetery family. This year, Kirk suggested I have at it and work my artsy magic. With pleasure, I'm sure.

Before:



After:



Ahh...that's much better, don't you agree? I used India ink and dripped it strategically to get a morbid result. My sister helped me paint it, and she was very patient when, in my infinite excitement, I dripped permanent ink on her several times. I hope any rain will help weather and grunge the ink. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment