"A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of (her)his life in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of beautiful God has implanted in the human soul."- Goethe















Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Celebrating our Country, Old-School

Because of overcrowding, the Colonial Days previously held in Provo was split into two groups this year, and we attended the Colonial Fest portion in Orem. I'm totally going to make going to this an annual tradition each Fourth of July! I learned so much, and I feel as if I barely scratched the surface of the knowledge to be had! Plus, my mom was a super sexy pilgrim (she made her own outfit!), and I wanted to support her efforts of knowledge-spreading.







There were so many intriguing displays! I learned all about old photography techniques, and watched live-action demonstrations of kick-wheel pottery, blacksmithery, military drills, and amputation (the demonstrations for the latter were only hypothetical, though. Dang it.)








Then the baby was bad, so we had to put her in the stocks for a while to teach her a lesson. She was sorry, so we soon let her out, don't worry. Viva living history!

No comments:

Post a Comment