"A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of (her)his life in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of beautiful God has implanted in the human soul."- Goethe















Thursday, March 22, 2012

My Big Two-Six

For my 26th birthday, I set 26 goals to accomplish before the year was over. It was a conscientious effort on my part all year long, but I feel that I'm a better person than I was last year because of all these experiences. I'm going to make this an annual tradition for myself and have compiled my list of 27 goals for this upcoming year.



I set goals that I knew I could reach with just more effort than what I exert naturally. Some goals were things that I already do without encouragement but that I felt develop myself into a well-rounded person, so they should count for something. Some of the goals were things I've wanted to do for ages but haven't gotten around to doing quite yet. Other goals were exercises that I knew would help keep up my talents and skills. Then, some goals were to encourage me to learn completely new skills.

Some of my goals have already been documented on the blog-o: here, here, here, here, and here. (Plus a lot more goals that I don't want to bore you with, plus some more goals that I haven't documented, plus a few goals that got replaced with others or just didn't happen this year, drat.)



I've never been much of a New Year's resolutions gal because I think every month, week, and day is the time to rededicate yourself to your goals. What about you? Do you keep yourself motivated on a regular basis?

No comments:

Post a Comment