"A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of (her)his life in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of beautiful God has implanted in the human soul."- Goethe















Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Around Here...

Around here, we've been replenishing our food storage like mad- women and -men, which means that I've had fruit juice dripping down my elbows for what seems weeks on end as I peel and slice delectable fruits in preparation for drying.



These used to be fleshy pears, now they're just their humiliated and delicious remains. Nom nom nom! I get a lasting satisfaction from canning and preserving my own food, in case you hadn't already noticed. Feeling and living independently is one of the best things in the world to me. What sorts of things give you lasting satisfaction?

No comments:

Post a Comment