"A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of (her)his life in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of beautiful God has implanted in the human soul."- Goethe















Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Tables Aren't Just For Eating On

Although tables make for an excellent eating surface, they are useful for many other things: hiding on or under for hide-and-go-seek, collecting papers and laptops, dancing riotously on, and as a barricade or ship in imaginative play. I've recently discovered a new use for our table that I'd like to share with you. Note: not all tables are the same, so not all tables may have this awesome capability.

For Christmas, we were supposed to give one another handmade gifts, and I decided to give my sister a rag rug made from old sheets. The table turned out to be the perfect shape and strength for a rug loom. Observe:




While being without an eating surface for a few days was troublesome once in a while, I couldn't help but be happy each time I saw our incapacitated table because it reminded me of my awesome redneck resourcefulness powers. What awesome powers do you have that you are especially proud of?

2 comments:

  1. I was hoping you'd post this!!! Very impressive! Love your list of creative uses for tables--my table is so boring... it just collects stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! So glad to see other people let their creativeness take over their house from time to time too! Our dinning room turns into a full photography studio all too often!

    ReplyDelete