"A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of (her)his life in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of beautiful God has implanted in the human soul."- Goethe















Friday, December 9, 2011

Holiday Gift-Giving: For the Sketcher

For a secret sister gift, I drew the name of a girl who loves to sketch all the livelong day, so I made this for her:




It's a practice sketchbook, and each page spread has an awesome photo as a drawing reference. So, the left page has an interesting photo, and the right page is blank so that she can draw the photo. Drawing from photos is excellent practice, but sometimes when you're in the mood to draw, you just want to draw, not look for a photo first. I pasted a large variety of pictures and photos in this little book: lots of different faces, amazing dancers for figure drawing practice, classic artworks in order to learn from the masters, photos with unique perspectives, figure statues, and pictures showing off neat lighting. There is a wide variety of emotion, so I feel confident that there will be an appropriate photo reference whenever the sketching bug might strike. One of the best parts is that there are no loose papers falling out because they've all been glued down. I know. It's genious.

All I need now is to make myself something like this! Seriously, I don't know why I haven't done this eariler.

No comments:

Post a Comment