"A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of (her)his life in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of beautiful God has implanted in the human soul."- Goethe















Thursday, December 15, 2011

Holiday Gift-Giving: For Newlyweds

After hearing the engagement and wedding story of some dearly-loved newlyweds, I created this print for them to hang in their home:



It's a memorable phrase from their wedding ceremony, but I typed it out to include the preacher's accent, which I hope makes them start every day with a laugh. I think making a custom print with words of advice unique to the new couple is a lot more personal than that "live, laugh, love" shenanigans that other people have on their walls. I finished off the print by sticking it in an old frame that I spray painted an awesome rusty red color.

No comments:

Post a Comment