"A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of (her)his life in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of beautiful God has implanted in the human soul."- Goethe















Saturday, March 31, 2012

A Touch of Spring

I've had a very real need for verdant things lately. I decided to breathe some fresh life into one of my houseplants by creating a little scape of sorts:




I remembered my grandmother kept fancy seashells in her potted plants, and knew I had to give it a try. I stuck mine up to look like fungus, though. I also added some moss and clover from our yard, a pretty feather I found, some vacant snail houses, and bits of rock I found that are interesting: red basalt, smooth river pebble, and some petrified wood. I catch a fresh breath of spring each time I walk past that plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment