"A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of (her)his life in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of beautiful God has implanted in the human soul."- Goethe















Sunday, November 27, 2011

Apple-palooza

I've been slaving in the steamy kitchen for a while, and the following is the fruit (ba-doom ching!) of my labors:



The final tally was:
30 jars of apple juice and counting...(can you just imagine the wassail?)
9 bags of dried apples
2 bags of cinnamon dried apples
3 tubs of apple butter
4 bags of apple brittle (it was supposed to be fruit leather, but I accidentally overcooked it. Worry not, it is still delicious.)
Lots of applesauce too (I didn't make it, but I certainly enjoyed it.)

Thank you, bountiful apple tree, for giving us so much scrumptious fruit to work with this year. We shall lovingly remember you all year long.

No comments:

Post a Comment