"A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of (her)his life in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of beautiful God has implanted in the human soul."- Goethe















Sunday, July 24, 2011

'Round the Campfire

Camping is a big part of my family's summer. Our family is the "find-a-dirt-road-and-follow-it-to-a-flat-enough-spot-and-enjoy-the-wilderness-and-take-your-shovel-on-your-bathroom-break" type. That way, we can all soak in glorious solitude together, and Maggie can run amuck to her heart's content. It works for us. While I haven't been able to stay overnight on any camping trips yet, the nugget and I joined my family for an evening of tinfoil dinners and campfire festivities in Wallsburg Canyon.






It's a gorgeous area, and not too far from home, so it was easy to pop up into the mountains for a visit. I took along my guitar and we sang songs around the campfire. One of my favorites is called "Babes in the Woods." Do you have a favorite camp song?

No comments:

Post a Comment