"A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of (her)his life in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of beautiful God has implanted in the human soul."- Goethe















Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Indoor Gardening: Take One

This is my first attempt at getting a head start on my garden indoors, and after the first week, this was the result:




I'm pretty happy about it, and I'm hoping these delicate starts can grow hearty enough to plant outside in the next few weeks. The only plants that have popped their heads up so far are the strawberries and Armenian cucumbers...but my hopes are high that the other seeds will make their debuts soon. Grow, my pretties, grow!

I have big fat hairy plans for vegetable gardening this year, and can't wait until I can plot out the gardening spaces. There is a lot of work ahead, and a lot that I've already done to prepare, but working in the yard doesn't really count as working, I don't think. Hooray for growing things! (And bonus points go to growing things that are also edible! Mmmm!)

No comments:

Post a Comment