"A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of (her)his life in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of beautiful God has implanted in the human soul."- Goethe















Friday, April 10, 2015

Family Art Classes

That crazy kid and I spend a lot of time in the art studio, and I mean a lot of time every day. We draw and paint while we jam to our favorite records and discuss anything that comes to mind. Lately I've been introducing her to new ways of expressing herself and we've been playing around with different media and techniques. (It usually blows her little mind in the best ways! Love it!) I look forward to our daily art classes together!



Because I've been so busy getting things ready for the Beehive Bazaar, we've been spending even more time together in the studio than usual, and we both have the stacks of artwork to prove it. You can see more of my artwork on my business blog or on my Instagram account, if you'd like.

Arting together is some of my most treasured moments with my daughter, which have been even better than I imagined they could be when I was picturing motherhood before she was born. I love seeing how her imaginative little mind works and it makes me proud to watch her skills develop. It's nice to have an art buddy to get feedback from, too (even though it makes no sense most of the time...she is only three, after all).

What kinds of things did you most enjoy doing with your parents when you were younger, or what do you like to do now with your kiddos?

No comments:

Post a Comment