"A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of (her)his life in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of beautiful God has implanted in the human soul."- Goethe















Monday, April 22, 2013

Accentuating the Lovely

As part of my commitment to myself to create more intentional gifts, I focus on the packaging (but only for those who I think will appreciate the gesture...baby steps, folks.) My mom loves me so much that she wouldn't even care if I wrapped her present up in a black banana peel (gross!), but I thought she would be the one person to savor the pretty little things:


I know it's silly, but I truly get happiness from creating something beautiful, even if it is as dorky as a wrapped book. The simple things, my friends, carry a surprising amount of joy. What have you done lately to accentuate the lovely and simple things in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment