"A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of (her)his life in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of beautiful God has implanted in the human soul."- Goethe















Monday, August 29, 2011

Fancy Schmancy

This fancy little jar with a lid is one of my favorite ceramic pieces that I've created. I mixed my own crackle glaze and highlighted certain portions with it.





The most time-consuming part was attaching all of the mini handles along the top of the jar, but I think it was totally worth it. Is there anything that you've spent painstaking hours on but was worth the extra time in the end?

2 comments:

  1. Yes! A quilt I made Malia. I ended up handstitching a ton on it, but I love the way it turned out! Took forever though...You can see it here if you wanna take a gander:

    http://jenniferschow.blogspot.com/2011/01/something-hardly-simple.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, that's so awesome! Totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete