"A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of (her)his life in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of beautiful God has implanted in the human soul."- Goethe















Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Letting the Jungle In

One item on my Favorite Things in the World list is old remnants of human domination that have been overtaken by nature. It's always a good reminder to me about my position in this world in relation to other organisms. An excellent place to find such ruins, albeit young ones, is at Bridal Veil Falls.









My dad and I took a traipse around the place and nosed around the old buildings and bridges that are now just bad memories for the trees that are taking back their ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment