"A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of (her)his life in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of beautiful God has implanted in the human soul."- Goethe















Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Sentimentality was Never My Strongpoint

...that being said, here is a meaningful item that I wanted to share:


This is a baby blanket my grandmother crocheted for me when I was born. It is dainty and of the most excellent quality! It used to have a pretty pink ribbon around the edge that has long since gone the way of the world.

My mom recently gave this blanket to me for us to use with our own soon-arriving fishstick. In the spirit of generational sentimentality, I threaded this gorgeous piece of handiwork with a brown ribbon of my own. It makes me happy to think that this may be a way for my grandma to share in our next stage of adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment