"A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of (her)his life in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of beautiful God has implanted in the human soul."- Goethe















Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sweet Sneaks

I found this old pair of canvas shoes that I used to have in high school (in fact, I'm pretty sure I wore them to my Junior Prom) and they were begging to be decorated. I would never begrudge anything that asked to be doodled on, so I got right to work.


It wasn't very much work at all (although removing the tongue from the shoes took some fancy fingerwork) and it reminded me of the days in jr. high and high school when I would doodle on anything that was close to me: paper, shoes, desks, pants, my hands and arms...good times.


I went through two permanent markers to finish these suckers and just drew or wrote whatever came to my mind. This pair ended up being what I lovingly call my wingtips. I'd love to do this on colored canvas shoes or using multi-colored markers next time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment