"A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of (her)his life in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of beautiful God has implanted in the human soul."- Goethe















Sunday, September 19, 2010

Poem of the Week

It appears I'm a couple of weeks overdue for a poem of the week. Here's a little ditty based off of a dream that Kirk shared with me and that I turned into a poem about self-augmentation. Inspiration comes from everywhere!


Never Pin My Face Just Shoot Me


Grandma’s face fell in her soup
which burned her so she yelled
she gets like that cause she’s old and
I put her face back on with pins.

I don’t need pins I’m quick and firm
you can shoot me but please don’t pin me.

I won’t get old cause I don’t want to
or at least I’ll try hard to stay whole
but today I pinned my Grandma’s skin and
next week I’ll start pinning my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment