"A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of (her)his life in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of beautiful God has implanted in the human soul."- Goethe















Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Mommy Date

I love spending my life with my dreamguy and one of my favorite adventures with him is being parents together. I think we do a pretty darn good job at this parenting biznezz considering. Although we spend a lot of time together as a whole family, we also make up the ultimate tag team.

That means that when one of us is DONE (with a capital D, folks) and is threatening to move to Mexico without the rest of the family, that the other one of us is pretty good at picking up on the desperation and steps in to save the day (and perhaps some tender lives as well).

However, we've noticed better results if we don't allow ourselves to get to that DONE moment and are more proactive about sharing the attention and love before it is asked from us. Enter mommy dates.

A mommy date just means that I get to spend some one-on-one time with mini me, which is something we all look forward to. It doesn't have to take any money or be entertainment-focused, although it can be. It just needs to take time. I love letting loose and just focusing on doing awesome things together with my little buddy because it helps us strengthen our friendship and teaches us valuable lessons through our experiences. One of our most recent dates was going to a nearby canyon and climbing up the boulders and rock walls:





One valuable lesson our mighty girl learned on this date is that it's usually easier to climb up than it is to climb down. Haha! I feel like there may be some great analogies to life in that!

And yes, we have daddy dates too. It totally works both ways. (I'm looking forward to when the tiny baby bumpkins is also old enough to enjoy some quality one-on-one time with each parent as well. It's going to be grand!)

Do you do such things? What do you do to keep the bond strong among each member of your family?

No comments:

Post a Comment