"A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of (her)his life in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of beautiful God has implanted in the human soul."- Goethe















Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Mission Remembrance Book

My younger brother just got home from serving a 2-year mission for our church, which is a life-changing experience. It's so difficult to articulate the kind of changes and growth a person encounters during such an experience. Explaining the hows and whys and depth of these personal changes is tricky, so sometimes it's just easier to show it:



I collected all the photos and writings from my brother over the 2-year period he was gone and ended up filling 3 pocket books with weekly updates on his growth. It was fun to go through it again before handing it over to him and notice how much a person can change in only two years.

Personally, when it comes to remembering my growth, I'd rather focus on the future growth ahead of me instead of looking back at what I used to be. (It's just usually embarrassing for me!) I can appreciate the changes I make in myself, though.

How do you document your growth? Do you have physical reminders of how far you've come?

No comments:

Post a Comment