"A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of (her)his life in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of beautiful God has implanted in the human soul."- Goethe















Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Shiny Happy Flowers Everywhere

Something important to me is having fresh flowers in our home, which means we have lovely blooms planted throughout out yard to pick from all summer long:




I love the bright, happy blooms! My favorites are the roses and dahlias. It's nice to have bright colors adorning our living space, but sometimes the flower picking can get a little out of control. I have a special columbine, too, but you can't usually tell what it is because the gorgeous pink blossoms are systematically plucked and scattered or trailed artistically in random places (like our indoor staircase for some reason). Behold the recently-hacked carnage that I just discovered:


(Darn that kid! I've told her half a dozen times to knock it off!) I was hoping to inspire with an amazing shot of my favorite mountain flower, alas. But, I can say that when the flowers are shown mercy and allowed to flourish, they add a refreshing and delicate touch to our yard. Also, I want that imaginative kid of ours to continue to have permission to spend her childhood happily picking flowers and scattering them about while she sings magical songs to herself, so part of me is hoping that the plucked blooms help the plant grow bushier and healthier in the long run.

Here's hoping, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment