"A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of (her)his life in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of beautiful God has implanted in the human soul."- Goethe















Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Party Plate!

Pinterest is the best, don't you think? For one of our weeknight activities with our favorite young ladies, we decorated plates, thanks to some awesome ideas we were Pinspired by:



They were super easy! We just used oil-based sharpies on microwaveable dollar-store plates and got going on our designs. (If you make an oopsie, you can totally clean up your design with rubbing alcohol on a q-tip.) Once we were done, we put the pieces in a cold oven and turned it to 350. Once it got up to temperature, the pieces were baked for 30-ish minutes. Then, the oven was turned off and the pieces stayed in until the oven cooled off. Voila!

I'm digging triangles so much right now, and had them on my mind already when I got the metallic gold marker in my hand. It looks like a party on a plate! I love it so much that I think I'll make my own set of dishes with this pattern.

Gold always makes me think of a party!

No comments:

Post a Comment