"A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of (her)his life in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of beautiful God has implanted in the human soul."- Goethe















Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Word Puzzle

I've been toying around with ways to personalize our home a little more. I decided to use some scrap wood I had left over from another project and made a word puzzle out of our names:


I wanted to go for a burnt wood look, but had to improvise and ended up using ink instead. I trimmed the pieces of wood down to the same size, traced die-cut letters and painted them in with ink. I also ran ink around the edges of the wood to give the tiles a little more depth. These were super easy to attach to the wall. I used a hearty double-sided tape to adhere thumb tacks to the back corners and just pressed the tiles into the wall. Easy peasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment