"A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of (her)his life in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of beautiful God has implanted in the human soul."- Goethe















Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Bridal Veil Falls

There's a great bike trail near my house leading up the canyon. One of our favorite pit stops along the way is Bridal Veil Falls, which is finally getting a second life after a couple avalanches and a fire destroyed the tram and surrounding areas. I remember frequent visits as a child, and this place has always held a lot of nostalgia for me, so I'm happy to see it slowly being pieced back together to what I imagine it must have been like in its glory days.

We took our little pepper sprout to splash in the water at the base of the falls (which she thinks means falling in armpit-deep and walking around soggy for the rest of the evening...to each her own). We also tried to feed our fingers to the ravenous fish, followed wet dog tracks until they dried out, and raced a few joggers we met along the path.


The only downside to the area being developed is that the crowds seem to get larger each time we visit. As much as I love having my mountains to myself, I love sharing the joy of nature with other people more. So, if you can brave loitering groups and icy water from the falls, I recommend a little visit. Please come visit my mountains.

What have you been doing lately to appreciate nature?

No comments:

Post a Comment