"A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of (her)his life in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of beautiful God has implanted in the human soul."- Goethe















Monday, October 8, 2012

Buddies

My littlest sister and I may be 11 years apart, but we are kindred spirits and cut from the same wacky mold. We share a love for art and realness and have the same ridiculous machine-gun giggle, which means we crack ourselves up all the time. We usually end up spending our time together teaching one another different skills. Last year, my sister taught me the basics of long boarding. This year, since she has a photography class, I get to teach her the basics of a DSLR.

To practice, we took a drive during the golden hour to capture some late summer treasures:








I love that I have someone special that can do silly impressions with me and inspire me regularly. That's what kindred spirits do, inspire (and do silly impressions). Do you have a kindred spirit?

No comments:

Post a Comment