"A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of (her)his life in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of beautiful God has implanted in the human soul."- Goethe















Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Shed No Tears

So, we've been up to our regular autumn shenanigans harvesting and preserving our harvests. I experimented with potatoes in my garden and then experimented with onions in my preserving. We're just all about experimenting, it turns out.

I prefer using dehydrated onions in my cooking but they can be super pricey. I go through them so quickly that it gets pretty expensive. Well, this year, enough was enough, so I planted more onions than usual intending to dry them, which was a gamble because I've never tried it before.

Well, my friends, my gamble paid off. It was a big success, and I'll be doing this from now on:


Do you want to hear my trick for not crying while dicing dozens of onions? I wore Kirk's swimming goggles, and they worked great. (Sorry, no pictures to share of that memorable moment!) Have you tried anything new lately and gotten successful results?

No comments:

Post a Comment