"A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of (her)his life in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of beautiful God has implanted in the human soul."- Goethe















Saturday, September 22, 2012

Around Here

It's been a while since the last post but that doesn't mean things have slowed down around here. Spending time harvesting our garden, planting some end-of-season things (in hopes of a better crop than we got in the spring), and getting the rest of our garden and yard happy for autumn has taken a lot of our hours of late:


I experimented this year by planting some potatoes from our pantry to see if they would grow as well as seed potatoes. I was happily surprised that I actually got results but don't think I'll try it again for several reasons. It was worth a shot, though, and now I'm glad I know...the curiosity probably would have killed me.

1 comment:

  1. They look so delicious!!! We have loved our potatoes!! (Really good with onions, basil, and a little olive oil.) Good job with your garden!!

    ReplyDelete