"A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of (her)his life in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of beautiful God has implanted in the human soul."- Goethe















Monday, July 30, 2012

Hiking Mt. Nebo

Brutal. That is the word that best describes this hike. It's a good kind of brutal, but brutal nonetheless. I was surprised that we weren't completely paralyzed afterward and I was amazed at how quickly we covered a lot of steep ground. It's a high-incline trail and long hike, but the vistas and fabulous flora and fauna are well worth the time investment:














Although we didn't make it all the way to the summit this time, I'm for sure going to hike this trail again. It's a good challenge and I like challenging myself. I think I am drawn to things that can be difficult because I like being able to conquer and put them in perspective relative to everything else in my life. What about you?

1 comment:

  1. It is nice to challenge yourself. Good luck on your second attempt.

    ReplyDelete