"A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of (her)his life in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of beautiful God has implanted in the human soul."- Goethe















Friday, July 20, 2012

Balloonfest

For the 4th of July, we woke up at the crack of dawn and hauled the baby to the balloon launch without even changing her out of her pajamas. She was thrilled to have such eager company as ourselves at the ridiculous hour of 5:30. My two sisters joined us and we all surprised the baby with the huge and colorful 'balls'. She oohed and ahhed over each sight and sound. It was totally worth it:












 
It was a most enchanting start to a day, and little known fact, it was the 2nd sunrise my sister has seen in all her 16 years. The first was the morning we were evacuated from girls' camp, in case you were wondering. I always feel nostalgic and tenderhearted when I see a sunset, but I feel energized and full of life each time I see a sunrise. Is it the same way for you or am I just a kook?

No comments:

Post a Comment