"A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of (her)his life in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of beautiful God has implanted in the human soul."- Goethe















Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Time Machine

A classic sci-fi that is also canonized literature is The Time Machine, by H.G. Wells. I know it's silly of me, but I had to put to book down a couple of times and remind myself that I really wasn't hearing cannibalistic noises in my house. My imagination was filling in all of the blanks at some of the more scary parts, which aren't really that scary at all, at least during daylight hours.



Topics to consider discussing while enjoying this entertaining read:
  • Time as a fourth dimension with similar properties to other dimensions
  • Perspectives of different professions on technological and theoretical advances
  • Humanity's inhumanity
  • Slothfulness vs. Industry
  • Purpose of challenges
  • "There is no intelligence where there is no change and no need of change."

No comments:

Post a Comment