"A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of (her)his life in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of beautiful God has implanted in the human soul."- Goethe















Thursday, January 14, 2016

Word of the Year 2016

There is a tradition I have taken part of for the last several years which has brought depth and meaning into my life throughout the whole year. I pick a word to focus on for an entire year and make it a part of myself. Some people call it their One Little Word or their 2016 Word, but I've been calling it my Word Of The Year (WOTY).


If you want to see how I came to this word or what I'm hoping to glean from it this year, you can read more in-depth here.

It's amazing to see how this practice works for many different people. If you're looking for word ideas or additional thoughts on how this practice could work for you too, some other people who I know enjoy this practice are:
Jen Schow
Ali Edwards
Elise Blaha-Cripe

Is this something you do too? Tell me and I'll add your link to the post!

Is this something you'd like to do but don't know how to start? Ask me your questions and I'll answer them!

No comments:

Post a Comment