"A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of (her)his life in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of beautiful God has implanted in the human soul."- Goethe















Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The Dance of the Dissident Daughter

I've recently enjoyed this gem of a book:


I was afraid to start reading it because I had a feeling in my bones that it would be a life-changer. It sounds kind of silly when I say it now, but I was scared that it might shake my faith in a religion that love but can still observe critically. However, this book only solidified my spirituality, and has been directing me toward more intentional peace and meaningful existence.

The way she spun her tale of journeying toward the Sacred Feminine completely resonated with me, and I identified with every step of her process. I feel like the enlightenment and empowerment that accompanied me throughout the reading have continued to be my companions.

I love this book and will need to make it part of my personal canon. Have you read this book? What did you think? Is there a book that fits effortlessly into your own personal canon?

No comments:

Post a Comment