"A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of (her)his life in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of beautiful God has implanted in the human soul."- Goethe















Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The Book Thief

Have you read The Book Thief yet?


I recently enjoyed reading this novel by Markus Zusak, and although I found it to be more entertaining than enlightening, there was still a lot of material to dig through:
  • The power of words, words as the catalyst for change (this reminded me of a Nazi propaganda exhibit I saw at a Holocaust museum)
  • Being able to categorize a life by the books that were significant during certain stages
  • The makings of a family and the love that cements a family together
  • The interesting point of view gave a fresh breath to a common story and theme, even though it was at times predictable and gimmicky
I love young adolescent literature, and this is the kind of book I hope my kids can learn to love. What did you think of the book?

No comments:

Post a Comment