"A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of (her)his life in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of beautiful God has implanted in the human soul."- Goethe















Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Vets (Not for Pets)

In our neighborhood we have several veterans, and as part of a project with local youth, I was asked to make cards to present along with a thank-you gift to the men and women who served us and our country. This is what I came up with:



(All products except gold metallic ink and baker's twine from Close To My Heart.)

It was a surprise for our vets (because there were no veteran holidays to prompt us), and several people were genuinely grateful for the youths' thoughtful gesture of gratitude. I'm glad I got to be a part of the neighborly kindness. It wasn't my idea, but it was a good one! Has there been anything you've participated in that you weren't sure about at first (because it wasn't your idea) but were so glad you did anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment