"A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of (her)his life in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of beautiful God has implanted in the human soul."- Goethe















Saturday, June 18, 2011

More Pot, Anyone?

This is another pot that I threw:




Points of interest:
  • I used the same blue glaze on this pot as the last one I shared. I love, love, love the blue and rust color contrast. So tasty!
  • As the wet pot was turning, I made quick diagonal slashes along the side for a texture detail. It's interesting how such a small detail can make the biggest difference.
  • In order to give the piece enough lift to make it more visually interesting, I added these small feet to create a sharper shadow at the bottom. It's so much more aesthically pleasing to have a piece that feels like it's holding up its own weight than a piece that feels heavy and looks like it's sinking into the tabletop.

No comments:

Post a Comment